Slides: Git for .NET Developers
- Git Project Home: Info and reference materials
- GitHub: Popular hosting for Git projects with free public repos or private repos with paid accounts. Get the GitHub for Windows client from here or use the GitHub plugin in Visual Studio 2015 RC.
- Visual Studio Online: Online TFS with Git as a source control option. Free accounts with unlimited private repos all integrated with the rest of the TFS tool suite.
- Brian Harry wrote a blog post about TFVC vs Git feature support in TFS that might be helpful when deciding which source control option to choose for a TFS project.
- BitBucket: Alternative to GitHub. You can also get the SourceTree tool that we looked at from here.